Where to find interesting local gifts online. Note: These are just a sample of the multitude of options available.
- 2012 Wisconsin State Capitol Ornament: “Liberty”. Under $20 from theWisconsin Historical Society. All of the proceeds from your purchase benefit the State Capitol Restoration Fund.
- They also sell the Locally Yours 2013 Arts Calendar. The calendar is published annually by the Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission and features the work of several Wisconsin artists. It’s made in Wisconsin and available for under $10.
- The Historical Society has a nice list of gift ideas on their site, including a selection of marionettes ranging from Gaylord Nelson to Harry Houdini. The full catalog includes fish fry glasses and “no thanks I’m having butter” items.
GIFTS FROM WORT UNDERWRITERS
- Bach Dancing & Dine-o-Mite Cookbook with CD. A Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society insider’s guide to 20 years of music making and sustenance. Includes musical track selections and wine pairings to augment each menu. Great discount if you buy 2.
- Budget Bicycle has bicycle clothing and accessories in their online store, including Wisconsin wool hats.
- You can donate in honor of your gift recipient on the Community Sharessite. You can also select up to 8 member groups for your donation.
- Gift cards available online from Exclusive Co.
- Herb infused body oils are 20% off in December from the Four Elementsonline store.
- Ian’s pizza and Just Coffee have online stores with merchandise including gift cards and clothing.
- You can order gift certificates from the Overture Center in any amount.
- See the full list of underwriters.
- Donate directly to WORT
UW GIFT IDEAS
- Doors of the UW-Madison poster to help support UW–Madison students through the Great People Scholarship Campaign. You can view the poster online and see where to pick it up, but no web orders for this item.
- If you are UW Madison Faculty, staff or students, you are eligible to shop at the DoIT Tech Store. Go to techstore.doit.wisc.edu and enter the Personal Store to see some of the items, including gift cards for your favorite affiliate and gloves that allow you to use your touch screen devices.
- Another Rose Bowl, another opportunity to give Being Bucky.The movie was an audience award winner at the 2009 Wisconsin Film Festival and is very entertaining (includes language that may not be suitable for children). It’s available from the UW Bookstore and Wisconsin Made web sites.
- The Chazen museum shop includes gift certificates, the Chazen umbrella and a selection of books and posters.
- The UW School of Music has a variety of concert CDs
- The Arboretum bookstore has an online gift shop. You can also donate or purchase a membership for a friend. Other options for making a gift include commemorative benches and trees.
ITEMS WITH AN ORDER DEADLINE
- At Downtown Madison’s site, you can purchase downtown gift certificates that can be redeemed for shopping, dining, museums, live theatre, etc. at more than 170 shops, restaurants, museums, cafes, bars and other establishments on State Street and the Capitol Square. See the Shop and Dine page to order your certificates. You can also read the participating business list before ordering. Order deadline is 12/17.
- By Today (Dec. 14) – an opportunity to send an animal theme card with a message stating that you have made a donation in your gift recipient’s name to the School of Veterinary Medicine.
- The Wisconsin Union Terrace store has unique items such as terrace chairs, as well as the 75th anniversary cap, the reversible Motion W to camouflage fleece hat and other gifts. You can also get Babcock ice cream coupons that are redeemable at the unions (minimum order of 15). Order by December 18th.
CITY OF MADISON GIFTS
- Gift Certificates can be purchased On-line at the City of Madison and can be redeemed for cross country skiing, ice skating, dog park permits, golf fees, lake access fees, boat storage fees, shelter reservations, at Goodman Pool and at Warner Park Community Recreation Center.
- There are also 2012 WHS individual or family passports for unlimited admission to historic sites and museums (and they are a great buy). The family passport is well under $100 and includes unlimited seasonal admission to the following historic sites and museums:
- Circus World in Baraboo
- HH Bennett Studio in the Wisconsin Dells
- Madeline Island Museum on Lake Superior
- Old World Wisconsin in Waukesha County
- Pendarvis in Mineral Point
- Stonefield Historic Village and Agricultural Museum in Cassville
- Villa Louis on the Mississippi River in Prairie du Chien
- Wade House and Wesley Jung Carriage Museum in Sheboygan County
- Wisconsin Historical Museum in Madisonin Sheboygan County
- Buy your Wisconsin State Park stickers and calendars online through Friends of Wisconsin State Parks. They have several gift packages that include donations to provide outdoor education to children.
- University of Wisconsin Press online store. Go to the regional books pageand follow the instructions for 20% off cover price on books and CDs about Wisconsin and the Midwest. You must order through the Web site to get the discount.
- You can purchase a gift subscription to Wisconsin Trails or buy the “Capture Wisconsin” Wisconsin photography book.
- Go to Madison Magazine and click on the “Subscribe” button (right side of the page) for gift subscriptions.
- Tickets for the Isthmus Beer & Cheese fest to be held January 19th. Participants include a number of area brewers and cheesemakers, along with local live music.
- Most local performance venues allow you to purchase tickets and/or gift certificates online.
- Go to UWBadgers.com and click on “Buy Tickets” for Badger single game tickets or multi-game packages, such as Hockey Family Packs. Groups of 15 receive a discount.
- Packers apparel and gifts at The Packer Pro Shop. For a more significant gift, stock, suitable for framing, is available.
- Badger gifts at Wisconsin Made, including Badger grills and just about anything you can think of with a Badger theme.
- See the Alumni Association store at for lots of great gifts including Badger Holiday cards.
FOR ANIMAL LOVERS
- Purchases a Vilas Zoo membership or sponsor an animal and receives a gift (and the membership is under $50).
- Sponsor an animal or donate in honor of a of a person or pet at the Dane County Humane Society. There is still also time to purchase your “Make Your Pet a Pin-Up” 2012 DCHS calendar for the animal lover in your life.
- Give online at Dane Friends of Ferals, where you can sponsor a cat or become a member.
- Gift of music: at Music Notes (a Madison company), you can buy sheet music or a gift certicate for your favorite musicians’ work.
FOOD & DRINK
- Babcock Dairy Store offers cheese boxes and clothing gifts
- Penzeys sells gift boxes or you can create your own mix. They are running a Kind Heart mini gift box special at a great price for the holidays.
- The Mustard Museum has an online store with much more than mustard. They also have a mustard of the month club.
- Wisconsinmade.com has unique holiday gift ideas and gift baskets including cheese, sausage, chocolates and other gourmet food gifts for friends and family. You can also shop for special gifts from Wisconsin artisans, unique Wisconsin Badger and Packer clothing, Wisconsin guides/travel books, music, and home/garden gifts.
- Wisconsinmade.com also has some interesting Gift of the Month Clubs, including:
- Cheese of the Month Club
- Chocolate of the Month Club
- Coffee of the Month Club
- Dessert of the Month Club
- Gourmet Food Month Club
- Ice Cream of the Month Club
- *Kringle of the Month Club
- Pie of the Month Club
- And, they will ship Babcock Hall peppermint stick ice cream.
- Fromagination, Carr Valley Cheese, Wisconsin Cheeseman and House of Wisconsin Cheese are just a few of the others that allow you to order gift boxes online and ship direct to your friends and family
- Madison Originals is a grassroots confederation of more than four dozen independently-owned restaurants. You can buy gift certificates from their site which can be used at any of their area restaurants.
- You can purchase Foodfight cards for use at any of the Madison Food Fight restaurants or toward cookbooks at Food Fight Restaurant Group site and you get your own gift card free with a minimum gift card order.
- Don’t forget to check your favorite restaurant’s Web site for specials, as well.